Project Save Drinking Driving Program:
- The Drinking Driver Program (DDP), is held in conjunction with the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles. It is a 7 week educational program for individuals convicted of drinking and driving or driving under the influence of other drugs. Enrollment into the program is done at the Driver Improvement Bureau of the NYS Motor Vehicle Department in Albany.
- In addition to the classroom sessions, individuals are screened to determine if a referral for an evaluation of a possible substance abuse problem is warranted. Referrals are made to agencies/providers approved by both the New York State DMV and the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
- There is a $225 fee for the Drinking Driving Program established by NYS DMV. Participants are required to pay the fee, attend all classes and follow through with any referrals made in order to successfully complete the Drinking Driving Program.
Batterers' Intervention Program:
- This is a 52 week, educational program for male perpetrators of domestic violence. The program curriculum is based on an individual accepting responsibility for his behavior and to be accountable in learning alternatives to coercive and controlling tactics and other abusive behaviors. This is not an anger management program, as anger management programs imply that the individual is unable to control his anger/behavior. The program was developed in conjunction with the NYS Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence and local Domestic Violence programs. Participants in the program are referred by area Courts, Probation and other legal entities.
- All individuals are required to pay a program fee which is based on income.
Educate Youth Program:
- This is a 7 week curriculum based education program for adolescents/young adults who have been involved in an incident of underage alcohol or other drug use. Typical referrals may come from the legal system, school or parent/family member. In addition to the classroom sessions, individuals are screened to determine if a referral for an evaluation of a possible substance abuse problem is warranted. Referrals are made to agencies/providers approved by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services. Program completion would entail classroom attendance, payment of fee and the follow through on any referrals made.
- There is a $100.00 fee for the 7 week educational program. The fee can be negotiated based on income.